Mercury Vapor Bulbs provide heat and ultraviolet light, both UVA and UVB. Reptiles require external heat in order to properly digest their food. UVB, normally provided by the sun, is needed to produce Vitamin D, without which reptile cannot utilize calcium.
Great if used alone, and even better if used with a UVB.
PowerSun UV is a self-ballasted mercury vapor lamp which emits UVA, UVB and heat all in one lamp! This lamp fits into a standard ceramic socket (no ballast needed.) The 100 Watt projects UVB up to several feet from the lamps surface and is ideal for large terrariums or bird aviaries. Features include quality nickel plated threads to prevent corrosion, and a full one year warranty! Ideal for desert species including bearded dragons, uromastyx, and many tortoises. Due to this bulb's extremely high output of UV, it is ideal for prevention and treatment of metabolic bone disease.
- No ballast needed, works with a standard clamp lamp fixture with a ceramic socket
- Nickel plated threads to prevent corrosion
- Helps to prevent metabolic bone disease
- Emits heat, UVA and UVB to support reptiles psychological health
- Can not be used with dimmers or rheostats